We all know that when we play in a tournament, playing by the rules is required. But, in recreational or “friendly play” is it necessary to stick to every, single rule?
Boy, that’s a question that could spark quite a debate, and actually recently did on another pickleball blog. It also brings up a series of questions…..such as:
- What constitutes a “friendly” game?
- Which rules should be allowed to be overlooked?
- Which rules should not be allowed to be overlooked?
- What circumstances would allow a rule to be broken…in other words, why would we play the game without following the rules?
- Who are we playing with/against that might necessitate easing of the rules?
For now, I’d like to hear from you. What are your thoughts?
Leave a Reply below to share your thoughts with other readers!
Scroll to the bottom (underneath any ads) to see reader comments.
I’ll share my thoughts in another post!
FOLLOW CRAZY PICKLEBALL LADY! Get an email immediately each time I make a new post! Provide your email address and click FOLLOW at the top of the right column. Then, share Crazy Pickleball Lady with your pickleball friends by clicking on the Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn icons below.